Odd sound breakage in snd_hda_intel with 3.4.x and up kernels

Greetings.

I was hoping to report a bug on your bug tracker
( https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/ ) but it's been down for
weeks, so I decided to post here. ;)

I'm running into a interesting and weird sound problem with any kernel
newer than one of the later 3.4.x ones. When I boot, sound works fine
for about 5-15minutes, then completely disappears. I can get it back by
rebooting again or by rmmod snd_hda_intel; modprobe snd_hda_intel.
Then it's back for a few minutes, then gone again. When it's in this
state, applications say they are playing sound, but nothing comes out.

This seems unrelated to pulseaudio. The behavior persists when
pulseaudio has been completely removed.

I have tried various options:

model={thinkpad|ideapad}
bdl_pos_adj=various
enable_msi={1|0}
power_save={1|0}
power_save_controller={true|false}

With no change in behavior.

alsa-info is at:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ba594bdf6ea4c0d69e35c4388285d4caa3fc6d76

Happy to try parameters, patches, or provide more info.

If there's a better place to report this, please let me know.

kevin