Re: crack noise with USB on linux 3.x

On 25.02.2012 23:58, Tatsuki Sugiura wrote:

>>> I'm not aware of any relevant changes in the USB or sound subsystems
>>> between 2.6.39 and 3.0.  It's possible that this might be some change
>>> in general power management, or that some other driver is interfering.
>>
>> Hmmmm.... I can't guess the point of problem. But in the fact,
>> I get noise with 3.x kernel without any error/warning message.
>
> I confirmed another USB audio device. Same problem is occured.

This might sound stupid, but are you sure the noise you're hearing is
actually digital distortion? USB soundcard vendors tend to be
disregardful with regard to power supply, and that would mostly be
auditable when there is other traffic on the bus. Does this also happen
with other operating systems?

Any chance you can record the noise you hear?

Daniel