Exposing pcms to the Java Sound System

Hello,

I have a 7.1 Xonar DX surround sound card installed (uses the CMI8788 driver) and I want to split the outputs to 4 stereo outputs.

This works fine, my config looks like this:

pcm_slave.eightchannels {
pcm "surround71:DX,0"
channels 8
}

pcm.stereo1 {
type plughw
slave.pcm {
type dshare
ipc_key 87882222
slave eightchannels
bindings [ 2 3 ]
}
}
[…]

However, I cannot use these outputs from Java. Using a simple program to list the available inputs and outputs shows me this:

Found Mixer: PulseAudio Mixer, version 0.02
    Found source line: interface SourceDataLine supporting 42 audio formats, and buffers of 0 to 1000000 bytes
        Line unavailable.
    Found source line: interface Clip supporting 42 audio formats, and buffers of 0 to 1000000 bytes
        Line unavailable.
    Found target line: interface TargetDataLine supporting 42 audio formats, and buffers of 0 to 1000000 bytes
        Line unavailable.
Found Mixer: DX [default], version 1.0.21
    Found target line: interface TargetDataLine supporting 84 audio formats, and buffers of at least 32 bytes
Found Mixer: DX [plughw:0,0], version 1.0.21
    Found source line: interface SourceDataLine supporting 96 audio formats, and buffers of at least 32 bytes
    Found source line: interface Clip supporting 96 audio formats, and buffers of at least 32 bytes
    Found target line: interface TargetDataLine supporting 24 audio formats, and buffers of at least 32 bytes
Found Mixer: DX [plughw:0,1], version 1.0.21
    Found source line: interface SourceDataLine supporting 24 audio formats, and buffers of at least 32 bytes
    Found source line: interface Clip supporting 24 audio formats, and buffers of at least 32 bytes
Found Mixer: Port DX [hw:0], version 1.0.21
    Found source line: Mic source port
    Found source line: Aux source port
    Found source line: Analog Input Monitor source port
    Found target line: Master target port
    Found target line: Analog Input Monitor target port

Is there a way to use the configured pcms als "real" mixers in Java?

Thank you and keep doing the great work you're doing :)