maudio revolution 7.1 and 5.1 audio file

Hi,

I detected a problem when I play a 5.1 audio file with some applications
(like VLC)
My audio card is "maudio revolution 7.1" connected to a "5.1 sound kit"

In my first test, "speaker-test -c 6 -l 1 -t wav" command, I hear only 2
channels (Side Left and Side Right).
So, I created a .asoundrc file with these lines (I found these
informations on alsa wiki):
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave ice1724_S32_LE;
}

pcm.duplicate {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "surround51"
        slave.channels 6
        route_policy duplicate
}

pcm_slave.ice1724_S32_LE {
        pcm surround51;
        format S32_LE;
}

I test "speaker-test -c 6 -l 1 -t wav" command. I hear all channels in
right speakers ("Side Left" on my side left speaker, etc ...)

Now I test a 5.1 audio file with VLC. I hear this :
"Front Left" --> OK (Front Left speaker)
"Front Right" --> OK (Front Right speaker)
"Center" --> Side Left speaker
"Side Right" --> LFE speaker
"Side Left" --> Center speaker
"LFE" --> Side Right speaker

So I created a new topic on VLC forum
(http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=96023) due to know if this
problem comes from VLC or alsa.

A VLC developper answer me : "VLC and the ALSA device disagree on the
channel mapping. I am not sure what the official ALSA order is."

Can you help me ?

Regards,

Aurelien