Trying to use ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan HDMI Audio [Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series]

Good morning,

I'm using a Toshiba L635 laptop under Fedora 15, and I'm quite
dissatisfied with the sound quality and power I'm getting; from what I
understand, there are 2 audio cards on my computer, and the one Alsa
is using as default is not the best!

Result of lspci -v | grep -i audio:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
High Definition Audio (rev 05)
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan HDMI Audio
[Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series]
and aplay -l:
**** Liste des Périphériques Matériels PLAYBACK ****
carte 0: Intel [HDA Intel], périphérique 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0
carte 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], périphérique 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0

I've tried to run the alsa-info.sh script as I've seen others did; but
it ran once, saying that there was a new version available, and would
I want to update. I said "yes" and then nothing; the script cannot be
run anymore.

Please advice on the next to do.
Thanks,
Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en herbe

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes Plurielles

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil générale