Re: I/Q Sampling

In article
<CABOsP2MnX2ZwCNaBPoSqx0EQWi3jQQRj1nzeROOJOdRLN0xFsA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Michael Di Domenico <mdidomenico4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm a newbie to alsa programming.  Can anyone point me towards/give me
> some sample source code (C/C++) that shows a short and clear (preferably
> documented) example of how to read the left/right channels from an alsa
> device, and then convert them into a I/Q complex stream for processing?

I can't help with the ALSA specific part, although I guess you'd need the
alsa libs for that. However I have already written some programs for
generating and analysing IQ pairs in the form of LPCM 'stereo' wave files.
(i.e. using left and right as the I and Q parts.) So you could perhaps
record what you want as LPCM wave, then analyse that.

No idea if what you need to do is similar, but...

You can find the progs I've written in 'C' for this linked to

http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/software/index.html

and the source code is provided. I'm a rubbish programmer, but if any of
them them help, feel free to hack and use as you choose.

Slainte,

Jim