Re: [SPAM] No Sound in Debian 6

Finding out what's different with more detain than Yes and No would help.

boot into knoppix

$ lsmod | grep -i "snd" | sort 2>&1 | tee alsa_knoppix.log

boot into debian

$ lsmod | grep -i "snd" | sort 2>&1 | tee alsa_debian.log

save these files on a common medium (flash drive) of course.

$ diff -a -U 3 alsa_knoppix.log alsa_debian.log

And of course noting /proc/asound/cards plus you might want to modinfo
the module of importance for each, to see what differs there
(versioning / parms).  And various other things generally covered in
the alsa-info.sh script.

HTH,
- James