A2DP - Capturing from bluetooth device with alsa

Hello,

I want to stream music from a phone to my linux box using bluetooth A2DP
profile.  Do you know if it is possible to configure a bluetooth source
in alsa for A2DP streaming?

So far, I have only seen examples on how to configure a alsa bluetooth
sink in order to stream music from a computer to a headset.
I know that BlueZ has sink support and that there is a pulseaudio client
for that. I managed to configure the phone as a audio source, but I am
unsatisfied by the results. I get a lot of underruns and a high CPU
usage by pulseaudio.

Do you know if we can do that only with alsa, without using pulseaudio?

Thanks,
Cristina