What to do...

First of all, hi to everybody in the alsa-user list.

I was wondering, what can be done if i own an audio device that actually
is not supported by ALSA. (An ESI Maya44e in this case.). Maybe there
are people over there in a similar situation.

Well, i tried to collect information from the device manufacturer (ESI)
and directly from the chip manufacturer (GFEC is the brand, the chip is
Tenot TE7009), with no success.

After asking for documentation to write a driver, ESI told me that the
cant provide anything, they announce in their website some products that
work under linux, but they cannot provice documentation, annoying...
And GFEC neven replied _never nothing_, in their webpage they also
announce a string "linux support", annoying there is no documentation at
all...
So, sadly, no documentation here.

Also, i dont know programming at all (for me, "hello world!" is black
magic). This does not help so much.

In this situation, what can an average GNU/linux user (non developer)
can do to collect data and collaborate to -someone with knowledge- write
a driver??

Best regards, Jose.