Sigmatel 9205 & Diamond Sound Tube: No pass-through?

Hello everyone,
I have a Dell Latitude D820 that contains a Sigmatel 9205 sound card.  I am trying unsuccessfully to use the card as a pass-through device.  I have tried every alsa mixer setting I can find for the card, no luck.  I've tried gnome-volume-control and I was able to get a level on the input device but still no sound out of the speakers.

After giving up, I went out and bought a Diamond Sound Tube USB device and with my bad luck, this device didn't work either.

My question is, is it possible that these devices cannot physically about to do pass-through audio?  Any help will be really appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Jose