Re: Capturing from multiple subdevices

On Sun, 2/20/11, Sergei Steshenko <steshenko_sergei@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:44:12 +0100 c0 <elcorreodelcoco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > hi. i was looking your audio chip (AD1988B) information in this page:
> > http://www.analog.com/en/audiovideo-products/audio-codecs/ad1988b/products/product.html
> > says that it has 10 DAC:
> > 7.1 surround playback + stereo input. (8in + 2out = 10ch).
>
> To me it looks like 8 DACs + 2 ADCs.
>
> Regards,
>   Sergei.

Thank you guys.  Any idea why alsamixer would be showing 3 capture items if they aren't really available?

Also, I found an AD1988A/AD1988B "codec" datasheet.
The block diagram is a lot easier to read in the datasheet PDF:
http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD1988A_1988B.pdf

Now I just need to learn how to read block diagrams :-)

Dean