Re: [regression][ALSA][hda-conexant][2.6.38-rcX] external microphone sound too quiet

At Sat, 19 Feb 2011 01:02:22 -0500,
Shawn Starr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've noticed some changes with ALSA recently, and when I use my Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa) microphone I get mixed results:
>
> My current Fedora rawhide kernel is: 2.6.38-0.rc4.git0.2.fc15.x86_64. I certainly will be using -rc5 as soon as either it
> hits rawhide rpm factory or rawhide mirrors.
>
> ... its in the factory .. 2.6.38-0.rc5.git1.1.fc15
>
> 1) Plug in headset, microphone works (using microphone headset)
>
> 2) Disconnect headset from microphone jack and external microphone on laptop shows barely any sound being picked up.
>
> Laptop info:
>
> Manufacturer:      LENOVO
> Product Name:      4058CTO
> Product Version:   ThinkPad W500
>
> Driver version:     1.0.23
> Library version:    1.0.24
> Utilities version:  1.0.24.1
>

> If someone from ALSA is on this list, I can provide you the alsa-info data. Maybe a quirk is needed.

Yes, alsa-info.sh output is always helpful.  Please attach.
Do you mean a regression from which kernel version?
If you have both a working and a non-working kernel, please give the
alsa-info.sh outputs on both for comparison.

thanks,

Takashi