Record 8 separate Line IN Channels from M-Audio Delta 1010 Card

Hi,

I want to record the 8 separate Line IN Channels from my M-Audio Delta
1010 Card. The card is recogniced nicely and a can record a single
channel via arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D channel1 out2.wav. I've set
up the different channels in ~/.asoundrc.

Now if I want to record a second channel in parallel (arecord -d 10 -f
cd -t wav -D channel2 out2.wav)  I get the error

arecord: main:564: audio open error: Device or resource busy

As I understand the delta 1010 is a single Access Card, so only one
application can access it at a time. Is this correct?

The next step was to configure a dual channel input in .asoundrc

# envy24 channel 1+2 only
pcm.test {
        type plug
        ttable.0.0 1
        ttable.0.1 1
        slave.pcm ice1712
}

Which works ok when I do a

arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D test -c 2 out.wav

(BTW can anyone point me to a tool to split a multi channel wav into a
file per channel?)

But when I want to record the channels separately with

arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D test -c 2 -I channel1.wav channel2.wav

I get no recordings.

Did I miss something with the configuration or what are my options to
record all 8 channels via arecord.

I've no experience with jackd. Is it an option to install jackd and
record the line ins via jackd?

Thanks in advance for your help.,
Peter