Re: Playing 96k/24bit wave files

In article <20110130181628.779655fb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dominique
Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:33:10 +0100, c0 <elcorreodelcoco@xxxxxxxxx> a
> écrit :

> > > pcm.!default { type plug slave { pcm "hw:2" channels 2 format S24_3LE
> > > }
> > > }
> > >
> > > in my 'asoundrc' file. (NB there are two other 'soundcards' present
> > > and the one I'm testing expect S24_3LE and is hw:2.)
> > >
> Did you try to fix the card order into /etc/modprobes.d/alsa.conf
> instead of inside .asoundrc ?

Not sure which of us you are asking.

But in my case no. I'm in the process of testing a variety of 'soundcards'
(actually USB). So I just use a set of 'plugs' in .asoundrc or alter the
default as convenient. Not much point changing the order, etc, as I keep
changing what it being used or connected at present. May adopt other
methods in future, though. FWIW I'm also now experimenting with the alsa
library and writing my own 'C' test programs to learn more about this.

Slainte,

Jim