Re: IDT 92HD81B1X5 mute LED on HP Envy 17

Am 06.11.2010 23:13, schrieb Louis Ixo:
Sorry, I my last mail was a little confused.

I installed gentoo kernel 2.6.36. If I well understand from cat /proc/asound/version it is shipped with alsa 2.0.23.
My LED doesn't work with this kernel.

The only way to fix it is downloading the drivers and installing it by hand as you explain me before.

So my question is: alsa 2.0.23 in kernel is different from the alsa-driver that you send me the link?

Thank you very for your help.
Cheers,
Louis

Yes it is. The development version of alsa doesn't show a higher version, than the current (released).

Some distributions (like Ubuntu) often are backporting newer drivers to older kernels. That's why our LED is working with the current version of Ubuntu. Gentoo maybe doesn't do that.

TF