Re: IDT 92HD81B1X5 mute LED on HP Envy 17

Am 10.10.2010 20:04, schrieb Louis Ixo:

Hello,

you have to build the alsa driver from the snapshot sources. Follow the instructions described here:

http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2010/05/02/upgrade-alsa-1-0-23-on-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-10-04/

The support for the mute LED comes with a newer driver than this one you are using on Gentoo.

Ciao

TF
Dear all,

I'm trying to fix my mute LED on HP Envy 17 with IDT 92HD81B1X5 on Gentoo with alsa Driver Version 1.0.22.1.
In fact the sound and the mute button works great, but the LED light over the mute button stills always orange (=mute).

On Ubuntu 10.10 the LED works perfectly, so I would like what I need to do in order to fix it also for Gentoo.
Thank you very much for any kind of help.

Cheers, Louis.