Re: [alsa-devel] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe support

nidujay <nidujay@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I've got a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe sound card which I
> purchased for the following 2 reasons:
>
> 1. It supports sound fonts
> 2. I require an SPDIF optical input
>
> My OS is UbuntuStudio 10.04 which I believe uses alsa version 1.0.22.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get either of the above working (Ok I
> haven't investigated (2) very deeply yet).

The SPDIF input actually works.  The problem is that it isn't possible
to do capture with that mixer control muted, becuase muting the control
also turns off capture.  See my post about a month ago for more
information about this issue.  For some applications this bug may not
matter much, but it makes the X-Fi Titanium unusable for real-time audio
processing applications.

Thor