Re: How to investigate the problem with MIC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Mark Goldstein wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Mark Goldstein
> <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Mark Goldstein wrote:
>>>
> was able to record the audio from Mic using audacity! After some more
> playing I found out that when I select "mute" for Capture1" it is
> actually unmuted and vise-versa. somehow Capture1 control is broken.
> Still I have very distorted Mic audio in Skype (and it also worked
> fine before). But it is a bit of progress!

skype by default has automatic volume control So it may be that there is a
very weak signal coming in and skype is amplifying the hell our of it, giving
a lot of noise (and distortion).
Make sure that the automatic volume control in skype is switched OFF. It is
pretty useless at the best of times.