Re: Input device captures output (fwd)

Hi.

Sorry if this is not a popular suggestion on this forum...

I had 'similar' issues as you - in my case not being able to record my soundcards output - due to a lack of mixer settings on my Nvidia Nforce card that used hda-intel alsa module.

It was pretty annoying as all my old desktops - which have 'worse' soundcards all have the ability to use the mixer to record its own output....

In the end I discovered the snd-aloop module - this coupled with jack2 and a realtime kernel (in arch linux) has sorted out ALL recording issues.

I know your not having the exact same issue as me but perhaps the jack route will sort your issues too?

Once you have the alsa -> jack bridge working pretty much most modern Linux sound apps work without any tweaking..

p.s sorry if this is completely meaningless to your issue.

Cheers