ALSA after reboot

Hi,

when I restart my machine, sometimes it happens that sound does not
work, but no errormsg on boot. (dmesg)

On starting alsaconf shortly after reboot, everything works normal.

what could be a reason for this bootup-init-problem?
sometimes it works fine on bootup, sometimes not.
dont know where the problem is.

BTW: when alsa is started, thens some progs dont
work when more than 1 soundapp is running.
what I have to do for handling more than 1 stream?

sys: debian, Gnome, P4/3.2GHz Dualcore, 2GB ram

thank you,
ralf