Input device captures output (fwd)

:q
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:32:48 +0200
From: Warren Dumortier <nwarrenfl@xxxxxxxxx>
To: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Input device captures output

Hello everybody!

My problem is that my output (desktop sound) goes partly through the output
device (front microphone). This is very annoying for VoIP and i am seeking
help here.

Not at all sure what you mean. If you mean that your output produces sound in
the air, which then excites your microphone, the only possible solutions are
a) wear headphones, and do not use the computer speakers.
b) switch off the microphone or use a contact microphone.

If you mean that somehow even with the speakers switched off, output is
getting into the input channel, then that should not be happening.
If you mean that when you speak, you hear your own voice inte speakers, turn
off the "microphone" output in the sound card ( the sound card has two
outputs. One is directed directly to the output and one to the computer. The
one directed directly to the output is controlled entirely by the sound card
and all the compter can do is to make it more or less.)

My chipset is a HDA Intel, here is also the output of the also-info.sh
script:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2f99cd14e3689862c4156f4c2e2ef5fc772f5df5

Asking help on the Ubuntu forum didn't work, but here is the thread for more
information as it also contains the KMix panel screenshot:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9774300#post9774300

Can someone help me? I'm pretty sure it's a bug in ALSA...
Thanks, kind regards...