Re: Problem with Nvidia HDMI

2010/7/29 Igor Gueths <igueths@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In previously posted output (most likely before you rebuilt your ALsa drivers
> from a snapshot), your aplay -l output included reference to an ALC888 chip
> present on your card. However, your latest aplay output references
> "hda-generic"; this is the first sign of an entirely new problem. Given that
> hda-generic is a generic codec used for testing/debugging purposes, it is almost
> as if the newly built driver is not detecting your card at all. Mv any files out
> of /etc/modprobe.d or any /etc/modules.conf entries referencing Alsa, and
> modprobe -r snd-hda-intel then reload it with no options. Once this is done, can
> you post Dmesg output? Failing that, and assuming that you had working sound
> with your old drivers, check the kernel documentation, specifically
> HD-Audio-Models.txt for the most accurate description of your card under the
> ALC882/883/885/888 section.

There's no need for any of that.  He already said his sound didn't
work before, which makes sense since Debian packages don't contain new
enough drivers for ION.  He _has to_ compile the drivers himself.  He
wants to use ION HDMI audio, not ALC888 so it's pointless to bother
with ALC888 at all (hence why hda-generic shows up for ALC888 -- no
ALC888 drivers compiled since it's not going to be used).  No reason
to move files out of /etc/modprobe.d either.  Maybe you're confused
about what he's trying to do?

Jose, I actually pasted the /etc/asound.conf from the wrong box in my
earlier post (though I think it would work).  Here's the one from my
ION box:

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0