Re: no sound, audigy 2zs

Dear Kristoffer,

please always reply to the list, so that more people can be reached.

Am Samstag, den 12.06.2010, 22:08 +0200 schrieb Kristoffer Gustafsson:

[…]

> But I have worked on this for several days, and is very tired of this.
> I talked with my friend a while ago and he said that he had the same problem
> with his audigy, using arch linux.
> He had to go into alsamixer and turn digital output off, it was called jack,
> somthing he said.
> Can this be the problem?

Unfortunately I do not know.

> I didn't know there was such a thing in alsamixer since I'm blind and
> alsamixer isn't very accessible for me using my braille display.

Do you use a desktop environment? If yes you could try to use the
graphical volume controls. Another option is trying to use PulseAudio,
which might figure out the settings for you.

    sudo aptitude install pulseaudio

Otherwise I am out of ideas and I do not know much about ALSA either.
Did you respond to the messages of the other responders already? I did
not see any answer on the list. So maybe you also only replied
privately? I know it is cumbersome, but it is crucial that you try the
things they told you.

Thanks,

Paul