Re: How to set the default frequency in Alsa.

Le Mon, 03 May 2010 18:23:18 +0100,
Andy Sheen <sheen.andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I have a system running Ubuntu 9.10/xbmc and want to stream bit-perfect
> audio out of the SPDIF port. This I can do nicely and the system sees
> 44.1kHz when audio is being output. When audio stops being output, the
> system defaults to 48kHz and this causes a click as the DAC switches
> over. In fact, I managed to destroy a pair of tweeters with this click
> the other day (and they are expensive!!).
>
> I also watch movies using xbmc and the audio in those is generally
> 48kHz, but they are played end to end and not normally as loudly, so I'd
> prefer the default to be 44.1 and to switch to 48kHz when necessary. If
> I put a rate command in the asound.conf file, that will force a
> particular rate - I don't want to do that, just change the default
> frequency. Is there a way to set the default frequency to 44.1k?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

I would suggest you to use jack. With qjackctl, it will take a few clicks
to stop the sound server, change the sample rate and restart the sound server.

Ciao,
Dominque

If this message is send to an email list, please make sure to answer onto the
list, or you will be ignored.

"We have the heroes we deserve."