Re: How to set the default frequency in Alsa.

On Mon, 03 May 2010 21:27:49 +0100
Andy Sheen <sheen.andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Sergei,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Would it be relatively easy for me to change the
> source code then?
>
> Andy

[snip]

I don't think so.

My point is that the 48000 constant appears in quite a few places, and in
some places it's a legitimate (more or less) constant because it describes
one of available sample rates.

In other places it means the default sample rate.

So the change would involve exact understanding of which is which.

I spent more than a couple of hours and came to the conclusion that it
would be a pretty serious project. I am not yet in a very urgent need
to change it, so I gave up.

I'd suggest to file a bug first. The code should not have constants like
44100, 48000, etc in places other than '#define' statements.

Protect your tweeters by, say, diode limiter.

Regards,
  Sergei.