No HDMI Sound on Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, Ubuntu Karmic

Hello,

Here is alsa-info.sh output:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=7ce79d54dd353e437a42d5fdf4490e2c855b0418

Hardware specs:

- Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H
- Using on-board NVidia 9400 card
- PC is connected to Onkyo TX SR606

I am setting up XBMC on a minimal Ubuntu machine. I am trying to have three features I consider crucial: XBMC SVN repositories, Audio Over HDMI and Suspend/Wake working. Depending on the version of Ubuntu I am using, I have two of the three, never them all, like this:

Jaunty: HDMI Audio OK, Suspend OK, XBMC SVN not ok
Karmic: Suspend OK, XBMC SVN OK, HDMI Audio not ok
Lucid: XBMC SVN OK, HDMI Audio OK, Suspend not OK.

So I would like you to help me on troubleshooting HDMI Audio not OK on my Karmic box. Following the exact same procedures described further, I found no issue at all under Jaunty and Lucid, what I find very strange.

A little background:

- I installed Karmic from Minimal CD;

- Installed the rest of the needed packages for having standalone XBMC following what is called XBMCBuntu guide (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMCbuntu)

- I installed Alsa following the Alsa Upgrade script post on Ubuntu Forums (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6589810)

- I downloaded two suggested config file (not sure If I need them and if they are what I need)
/etc/asound.conf from here: http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f5f9654bb
 /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf from here: http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f2e38265

- After not having sound, I downloaded/compiled/installed the latest ALSA snapshot (-s version on the script)

What I am getting (I suppose you can see these info also on the alsa-info.sh)

- cat /proc/asound/version reports ALSA loaded and the right version
- aplay -L and aplay -l report my card accordingly
- alsamixer report the controls right, and I unmutted all of the,
- speaker-test -Dhdmi -c6 runs fine, if finds the card, loops through the speakers, but no sound come out of them.
- I re-checked several times cable connections, volumes, etc, so I am sure no audio is coming over HDMI.

I am kind of a flying blind, blindly follow how-to instructions as I am very newbie to advanced sound config and the whole ALSA setup.

I would thank very much if any of you could help me with this? Please let me know If I failed to provide any other relevant info.

---
Ricardo Bonon