Re: ALSA not working on HP Touchsmart 600-1100 with CentOS 5.4

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Robert Krakora
<rob.krakora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Robert Krakora
> <rob.krakora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Maybe due to MSI on Nvidia.
>>>
>>> I added a workaround for Nvidia controller to avoid this kind of
>>> problem.  Try the very latest alsa-driver snapshot below:
>>>  ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
>>>

>>> Takashi

>> Takashi's new driver now allows alsa-info.sh to function properly
>> without locking up the system, but I still have no audio.  Here is the
>> link to the ALSA information:
>>
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=01c54284982a68888b63de3579196223181d79f3
>>
>> --
>> Rob Krakora
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> MessageNet Systems
>> 101 East Carmel Dr. Suite 105
>> Carmel, IN 46032
>> (317)566-1677 Ext. 206
>> (317)663-0808 Fax
>>

> I installed kernel 2.6.30.10 and rebuild ALSA with Takashi's driver
> and I see the same results on this HP TouchSmart 600-1100.  The
> alsa-info file is here:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b031f69848090695646b826e809d14c44f94237b
>
> --
> Rob Krakora
> Senior Software Engineer
> MessageNet Systems
> 101 East Carmel Dr. Suite 105
> Carmel, IN 46032
> (317)566-1677 Ext. 206
> (317)663-0808 Fax

All:

We ended up reinstalling CentOS 5.4 with ALSA 0.1.20 and we can get
sound with external speakers but not internal speakers.  I am going to
look in to the internal speakers some more and should be able to
figure it out.  Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.  We need
to look over our network install and see if there is an error
somewhere in our install script.  ;-)

Best Regards,
--
Rob Krakora