Re: ALSA not working on HP Touchsmart 600-1100 with CentOS 5.4

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> At Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:21:52 +0100,
> Paul Menzel wrote:
>>
>> Dear Robert,
>>

>> please always just reply to the list. I keep Takashi in CC because of
>> the `alsa-info.sh` lockup.
>>
>> Am Dienstag, den 16.03.2010, 09:04 -0500 schrieb Robert Krakora:
>> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Paul Menzel
>> > <paulepanter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> […]
>>
>> > 1. Please send the output of `alsa-info.sh` [1].
>> >
>> > Locks up machine.
>>
>> That is strange. You should definitely report a bug to CentOS about
>> this.
>
> Maybe due to MSI on Nvidia.
>
> I added a workaround for Nvidia controller to avoid this kind of
> problem.  Try the very latest alsa-driver snapshot below:
>  ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
>

> Takashi

Takashi's new driver now allows alsa-info.sh to function properly
without locking up the system, but I still have no audio.  Here is the
link to the ALSA information:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=01c54284982a68888b63de3579196223181d79f3

--
Rob Krakora