Re: Skype, no plughw and where to find documentation?

After doing more research:

http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices

it seems to be the case that Skype expects a sampling rate of 44800.
However the default which is used by my device is 100000. This explains
why the pitch drops that much when listening to the recording I made
using Skype test call.

I tried converting sample rate:

  pcm.rate_convert {
      type plug
      slave {
          pcm "hw:0,2"
          rate 48000
      }

    hint {
        show on
        description "Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset with conversion"
    }
  }

aplay -L and arecord -L do list it.

I can record using arecord -D rate_convert. However when not specifying
it still defaults to 100000Hz

The real issue is that Skype doesn't even shvow rate_convert.

How should I proceed? Write a small dll hijacking alsa lib calls forcing
usage of my pcm device?

Is there already another solution (dowgrade to older Skype ?)

Marc Weber