Re: virtual sound card definition

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, kapetr wrote:

> ?? For what is good to define PCMs in my .asoundrc, if NO apps let me
> use them ??

I think that it's problem of these applications, not ALSA itself. I would
be loud and ask authors of these apps why they hardwired something.

Could you send a list these apps? Perhaps we can push authors together.

> They use direct (?) the hardware (probably e.g. with "hw:0") - so I can
> not to force them to use (by me) defined pcm (e.g. with dmix, plug,
> ...).

You may overwrite the hw device, too. But it might have some consequences
in the system.

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>