Re: HDMI sound acting strange.

After having read your response I finally got around to trying and fixing the problem.
Basically after having looked into some possible dmix fixes I decided to have a go with pulseaudio and (contrary to previous experiences) this solved the problem rather than giving problems :).

Thanks a bunch Robert.