From: Geoffrey Leach <geoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  unable to upgrade alsa-driver
To: Adiseno <a2cno@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not familiar with the script you mention. However, a couple of
observations might be useful.

First, does the script -
  o Fetch from alsa-project the latest version of the driver source
  o Compile and install it (as root)
  o Tell you to reboot.

Unless all of these happened, you won' have the latest (1.0.20) version
of the driver.

aplay is reporting the version of the utilities, not the driver. The
two are, alas, not maintained in sync.  The driver comes with the
kernel, the utilities in a package of their own.