Re: record vinyl at 24-bit 96khz

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_xonar_d1/2.htm
Now that looks pretty good. It uses a crystal DAC chip and Crystal ADC, both with real limits. Asus rolled their own logic chip to glue it all together.

On paper, that looks really good. Of course, you probably want to look for some reviews.

Look at the noise floor on that board:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_xonar_d1/images/48.htm
And that is for a loop (DAC through ADC), which is harder than real life.