Re: hda_intel no sound when upgrading from 2.6.28 to 2.6.29 on a debian sid 64bit

On Monday 04 May 2009 22:42:11 Hybris wrote:
> Please give me some hints on what could be the problem.
> I'm in the unconfortable situation where i want to upgrade to .29 because i
> need it for the new nvidia drivers but i can't update because of the sound
> problem.

Perhaps start again with some basics like going to a shell
and using "aplay some.wav" and fiddling with alsamixer to
see, or hear, if you can get something working. You can
then paste any suspicious errors into an email to this
list.

--markc