grabing audio samples from output

Hello,

I'm writing a streamming audio application that criticaly
depends on a "echo cancellation" mechanism in order to work
well.

The "echo canceler" algorithm receive as input both the
samples from microphone and the "echo samples" that come
from speaker (idealy both at the same timestamp) and make
all the calculations needed to cancel the echo at the mic
input.

The thing I really need to figure out is how to can get the
audio from the output using alsa(speaker) since the API I've
been using so far (openal) aparently doesn't have this
funcionality.

some sample code would help me a lot...

Thanks in advance,
Daniel