Re: Can't split front and rear outputs in .asoundrc

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Andre Bischof <a.bischof@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> thanks for your answer, some questions:
>
> Mark Jenks schrieb:
>>> Now I'm trying to split front and rear output to use them for master and
>>> headphone output in mixxx (dj mixer app).
>> This is the way that I've done it, and it works everytime.
>>
>> pcm_slave.eightchannels {
>>         pcm "hw:1,0"            # or "hw:1,0" for the second card
>
> this should be pcm "hw:0,0" for the first card, right?

Yes, whereever your card is.  Do a aplay -l to find out where it is.

> Does your .asoundrc start with the code above, or do you have s.th.
> before like:
>
> pcm.intel8x0 {
>            type hw
>            card 0
>           device 0
>
>>         channels 8

I define a device called eightchannels.  it could be sixchannels or
intel8x0 like yours.

> you define eight channels, and configure three separate stereo devices
> in the following - channels 6/7 are left unused?
>
> My soundcard is a 5.1, I should write channels 6?

You can try a few things.  when I did a 6 channel one, I left it at 8
and it still works.   Maybe I should of changed it to 6.   As for 6/7,
that's for the 4th stereo out if you have it avail.

> Do you have anything else configured, i.e. in /etc/asound.conf?
>
>> }
>> pcm.stereo1 {
>>         type plug
>>         slave.pcm {