Re: Multiseatet system

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Lasse Jensen wrote:

> I have finally build myself a working multiseatet system. The only thing
> i need to setup correctly is sound. I have a P965 chipsset with Intel HD
> audio. I've added both users to the audio group and audio works from
> both seats. But what i really want is to use one of the six jack
> connectors on the back for one seat and another for the second seat. I
> found this
> http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/How_to_make_the_sound_work , but according to /proc/asound/cards it only sees my sound card as one device. Do i really have to sacrifice a PCI slot or is there some way around that?

I assume that you want the prople in the two seats to be able to listen to two
different sounds at the same time. Then certainly the easiest thing is to use
two sound cards. It would probably be possible by combining the two sounds
into one 4 channel sound to get different sounds to the two outputs, but it
would be a real kludge, and liable to breaking down, IMHO.