Audigy2 recording level much too low - an (one and half) year later

Hallo,

Over a year ago I've reported the problem with very low microphone input
sensitivity, while recording using Audigy2, what is making this card unusable
for VoIP.

At that time, I've received a tip (thanks again), to fix it by introducing
a line:

    snd_ac97_write_cache(emu->ac97, AC97_REC_GAIN, 0x0f0f);

...directly after a line:

    snd_ac97_write_cache(emu->ac97, AC97_REC_SEL, 0x0000);

...in sound/pci/emu10k1/emumixer.c

Yes, this works OK. So why not introduce this line for steady, in every ALSA
release? The problem is, that while there are binaries for kernel available,
one has to patch, then compile every new kernel version again and again.

Couldn't be possible to insert this line into emumixer.c for steady?
I suppose, that every Audigy2 user will be grateful for making this. Even,
if it can be treated as "temporary hack", there could be placed a remark
in the code, like f.e.: "temporary fix, will be changed in the future". I'm
patching those kernels over a year - and this "temporary" fix doesn't seem
to spoil anything.

Keeping the broken micro-input handling - and not doing with this anything
since years - doesn't seem to have much sense. So why not fix it at least
such way, when it _just works_, and it's tested (at least by me)?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski