Re: HDMI on Intel g35 now mostly working

Hi,

Following up to myself, there appear to be some minor AC3
over HDMI issues remaining.  In asound.conf when I insert:
defaults.pcm.device 3

That defaults regular PCM audio to go through HDMI but
mplayer -ac hwac3 still wants to use the iec958 device.
Can iec958 be remapped to the HDMI rather than the SPDIF
port in asound.conf?  Also, even when using mplayer -ac
hwac3 -ao alsa:device=default, ac3 plays but there is a
harsh pop just as the stream starts.  Also, if something
else comes along and plays a PCM stream, the PCM will play
and the AC3 will begin popping, like the packets are being
received as PCM.  Is there any way to have -ac hwac3 lock
the device?  This was never an issue using the spdif port.

Cheers,
Shane