Problems with recording/mixer, headphones on snd_hda_intel on compal FL90 (Intel 82801H)

I am having two issues with Alsa on my system right now.

1. If I have headphones plugged into the system when I start up, sound
will come out of both my main speakers and my headphones.  Unplugging
and replugging in the headset seems to solve the issue.

2. The Mic Boost channel under the -playback- section of alsamixer seems
to control the recording boost level.  The Mic Boost channel under
recording does nothing.  At the same
   time, when I have the Mic Boost setting set to 50%, which gives me
good recording volume, I can hear my voice coming out of my speakers.
The playback Mic Boost seems to be
   handling both playback and recording.

My system is Debian Etch, and was running module-assistant installed
alsa source packages.  I have also tried with a recent snapshot
(20081010) (see note at the end), but I am having the same problems.

Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?

Thanks in advance.

- Paul Goins

My system's info:
"lspci | grep udio" output: 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation
82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
alsa-info.sh output (no flags appended) is located at
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1aff95bc6390b1ef534c6c1dbe0fff43377d85ce
/proc/asound archive is at
http://www.vultaire.net/linux_files/alsa-20081010snapshot-compalFL90-Intel82801H.tar.bz2

NOTE: The installation of the snapshot was not normal, so it is
-possible- some things may look abnormal in my settings.
Specifically, I did a Debian module-assistant alsa-source install, but
replacing the alsa-source package's tarball with the snapshot.  I saw no
errors occur, so I'm -guessing- things are okay, but obviously can't
guarantee it.