resetting ALSA again

Hi group,

  Sorry for this post but I could not find the old one in the archives.

  Awhile back I made a post about resetting ALSA on my FC6 system. I got
a response that a file should be removed but I can't reminder the name
of the
file?

  My problem is that ALSA has stopped recording. Arecord is just muted,
The record program that uses OSS works just fine. Aplayer works OK.

  This does not work anymore, no output.
     arecord '-' | aplay '-'

  Dose this sound familiar?

--