BugTracker

Can the ALSA web page managers please indicate on their pages which
ones are for development team members only and which are for general users.

I followed a link that said   "I found a bug"  and it led to the BugTracker
page
that wanted me to login.  It had a button to create a new account, so I
tried
to create an account.  I would never send me any confirmation of the account
nor would it explicitly refuse.

I tried to see if my email provider was on your list of open-relays, but
those
lists will not download, they just hang after half loading.

Please put a notice on your BugTracker login page that BugTracker accounts
are for development team
members only and other people will be silently ignored.
You can at least do that.

I had found a bug, I had a fix, and I spent 4 days alone trying to find a
way to notify
the ALSA dev team through getting a BugTracker login.

The only bug notification on the ALSA page that I could find was this link
"I found a bug".

Getting an account (on the main ALSA page) as an alsa-user seems to have no
purpose, no usable effects.

I have no idea who is reading these emails in alsa-user mailing list,
sending these is an act of sheer desperation and frustration.

Wesley D. Johnson,  Linux user since 1994

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---