savable configure needed

ALSA distribution should include a configure script file that can be
customized with settings, and saved by the user.
Saving the configure script file is recommended, as the ALSA src directory
may get deleted.  The configure script file
records everything needed to recreate the users ALSA compile.

<< MY CONFIG FILE  name=  make_config_alsa_driver >>

# Configure ALSA driver
./configure  --with-cards=loopback,sb8,sb16,sbawe,ens1371,via82xx \
   --with-card-options=ac97-power-save,sb16-csp,verbose-procfs,verbose-print
k \
   --with-sequencer=yes --with-oss=yes --with-pcm-oss-plugins=yes --with-deb
ug=full

<< END MY CONFIG FILE >>

I had to submit this configure at least 15 times during all the
attempts at getting ALSA to compile.  These are way too complicated to be
typed in by hand on every attempt.

All my configure-script files are saved in  "/root/configs"
This is the only way I have found to progressively configure ALSA and save
the configure to a separate safe place.
It is a tiny file, does not interfere with existing methods, and is a great
help to those who want a clearly readable written record
of the ALSA configure.

You may use my configure file as an example in the distribution and/or in
INSTALL.

<< INSTALL TEXT >>
Modify the file "make_config_alsa_driver" with your custom settings.
The setting switches are found by executing "./configure --help=short" for
the ALSA settings,
and "./configure --help" for settings for target, libraries, and other
configure environment.
Perform the ALSA configure by invoking the file
"./make_config_alsa_driver".
Save the configure file to safe place in case you need to recompile ALSA
someday.
example>> mkdir /root/configs
example>> cp -a   make_config_alsa_driver   /root/configs

<< END INSTALL TEXT >>

Wesley D. Johnson,  Linux user since 1994

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---