Re: Need Help with Audigy sound card.

James W. Frock, Ph.D. wrote:
> Stan I was able to run this incredable script Alsa-info.sh (with your
> help) that you send back a message or two ago.  I am somewhat puzzled as
> there was only one line of output and that was a question about wanting
> the script to upload to pasteb on the Alsa site.  A rather quick look at
> the script gave me the impression that there would be a few messages
> etc.  Of course I answered yes so I suppose you will be able to see what
> you need to see to determine the suspected configuration problem.
> Please let me know if the Alsa-info.sh uploaded as it was suppose to.

It probably did, but it should have given you a link
that you would post back here.  Otherwise I have no way
of finding it on the website.  Could you run it again
and paste the link?  The other run will expire after 30
days, so you can just let it go.

You can run the script so the results occur locally, by
specifying the   ---no-upload   option.

alsa-info.sh --no-upload

You would then paste the output into your email instead
of providing a link.

> Many thanks for the email answer and the additonal info on how to get
> the script to run and the info on new drivers and library.  I haven't
> upgraded yet and I suppose I should do this.  The question is do it now
> or do it after you get the upload info.  Please advise.  Sorry to be a
> pain in the arse.

Wait until the script info has been looked at.

> I ran the aplay -vv command this am however the system reported that it
> was busy and the command wasn't executed.  I suppose I could find the
> temp files created by the Alsa-info.sh however I am not going to disturb
> this process.

This is suspicious.  It implies that there is something
else holding the sound device.  It could be the source
of your problem.

Are you running any audio applications?  Flash?  Sound
server?