Re: Mia-Midi & Ubuntu 8.04

On Monday 11 August 2008 02:27:55 Henry W. Peters wrote:
>  I did a 'sudo lsmod | grep snd' &...
> snd_mia                31652  0

So the right module seems to be loaded yet you showed the output
of an "aplay -l" in a earlier email and there is only a single
SiS (onboard) device...

>  aplay -l
> card 0: SI7012 [SiS SI7012], device 0: Intel ICH [SiS SI7012]
>   Subdevices: 0/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

so if the kernel driver module (snd_mia) is loaded but the
aplay -l output does not show it then I would guess that it is
indeed a firmware issue. The only thing I can suggest now, as
I am no alsa expert and do not have the same card to test with,
is to check your alsa version and download the right firmware
and follow hints posted in a previous email (a link to a wiki
article).

Also, consider joining the Ubuntu forums and search and ask
there as some of the google hits I saw pointed in that direction.

--markc