Re: Mia-Midi & Ubuntu 8.04

OK, since I received no reply for some time now, would someone please
tell me if there is no interest for the below stated problem on this
list, is there another support group list that I may go to regarding
Ubuntu 8.04/Linux (Debian) & my Mia MIDI sound card?

I did go to the wiki page Matrix: Module-mia
<http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-mia> & tried
to follow the instructions to install the drivers this way, my
unfamiliarity with the language stopped me from proceeding (*very* new
to Linux)... I assumed that a "shell" meant a terminal program, but
apparently not... or is it, as I am finding here & there, some commands
are assumed as already known (i.e., 'sudo')?

Thanks,
Henry

p.s. perhaps the person knowledgeable regarding Mia-MIDI is on vacation,
etc., in any case, it would be very helpful to get some sense of this
lists' ability to deal with this problem?