Re: Problems with external microphone with STAC9228

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Marcus Better <marcus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matthias Breier wrote:
> on my Dell Inspiron 1525 with Sigmatel STAC9228 audio chip I have a small
> but rather inconvenient problem. Everything except the microphone jack in
> front of the notebook seems to work correctly. The external microphone of
> my headset records only noise, when I use it in Linux.

You might try raising the "Digital" mixer control to 100%, I had to play with that to get the microphone to work on my laptop with Intel HDA. Also you have three "Capture" switches, only one of them was enabled when you ran the script. Did you try switching on the other two?

Interesting. I do not have any "Digital" mixer control in my
Dell Vostro 1400 (alsa 1.0.17).
My digital mic sounds really too low, when setting model=dell-stack.

On the other hand, if I set model=ref, I can use the analog
mic very well, but I get sound only using headphones. Speakers are mute in this
case, and the digital mic does not work at all.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ