Wonders with alsa

Hello,

Recently I'vet some alsa quirks. First, after the computer upgrade I've
found that the sound card (Crystal 4281) and SCSI host adapter share the
same IRQ. I've tried to fix this and move SCSI into another PCI slot
(and haven't touched the soundcard). The devices appeared at the
different IRQ's but the sound has become distorted like it would be
overdriven, but the loudness have been normal and the mixer settings
haven't affected this distortion. When I've moved the soundcard back the
distortions have disappeared.

Another issue: when I start mplayer with -ao alsa, then pause it and
then resume, the playback doesn't resume. This doesn't appear with -ao
oss. Xine, when paused and resumed, starts playback without sound, put
pressing 'escape' twice returns the sound.

Kernel 2.6.25 (patched, from ALT Linux Sisyphus repository), alsa 1.0.16

WBR,
Yury.