Re: Audiophile 2496, alsamixer and openSuse 10.3

Klaus Zeitler wrote:
>     stan>
>     stan> There is a special mixer control for the envy24 cards that run the
>     stan> ICE1712 driver. http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ice1712
>
> envy24control leaves me even more confused. I would have expected the same
> number of sliders and the same names as alsamixer shows, but no, this looks
> quite different. Anyway I tried the sliders in tab "Monitor inputs", but
> no luck.
That's not a good sign.

>     stan> I recommend you upgrade to the latest alsa versions as 1.0.17 final
>     stan> just came out.  It probably won't make much difference for your card
>     stan> as it has been around for awhile, but there have been a lot of fixes
>     stan> since 1.0.14 and one of them might have affected it.
>
> I upgraded to 1.0.16 via the zypper commands on the openSuse page, deleted my
> sound card and added it again. Same as before. I'm not sure how I have to
> upgrade to 1.0.17. Do I have to install all those packages listed on the
> alsa download page? Looks like a task for the next weekend.
>
> Thanks
>
> Klaus

You could probably just wait a while and the package
will be released by Suse as 1.0.17 just became official
recently.

If you don't want to wait, you donwload the archives,
compile them, and install them.  Alsa seems to be very
forgiving and work well with package systems.