Re: RME HDSP + Multiface

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Martin Horn <martin.horn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to use a RME Multiface soundcard with PCMCIA Cardbus Card on a Dell
> Notebook with Ubuntu.
> I installed all alsa drivers and other available tools for the RME card
> successfully and if I do:
>
> aplay -D plughw:1 track1.wav
>
> I can hear sound and see playback on PCM channels 1+2 in the hdspmixer,
> which is a special softwaremixer for this card.
>
> Now the card has 8 in and 8 output channels, and though I am able to send
> the sound from PCM channels 1+2 to all physical outputs via the routing
> functionalities of the hdspmixer, I need 6 more PCM channels to play through
> all 8 physical channels independently. If I do:
>
> aplay -l              or:                          cat /proc/asound/devices
>
> I get only one digital playback device which is the 2 channels already
> working as plughw:1. Where are my other PCM channels??
>
> Thank you for any help!!!
> Martin

Not sure if it will help you but when using Aqualung with my HDSP 9652
I want to autoconnect aqualung's stereo outputs to PCM outputs 17 & 18
in Jack. To do that I use the following nomenclature:

--auto=system:playback_17,system:playback_18

I cannot completely remember how I determined this but IIRC I fired up
qjackctl and looked around at the names in there until it dawned on my
that was what the names were. Maybe you can use these names, changed
to _3, _4, _5,..,_8 or else look around in qjackctl until you find the
names that  are appropriate for your distro.

Hope this helps,
Mark

system:playback_17,system:playback_18